Definition of destroying angel in English:
A deadly poisonous white toadstool that grows in woodlands and is native to both Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Amanita, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes: several species, including the North American A. bisporigera and the European A. virosa
- It includes several edible species but also the notorious death cap and destroying angel, besides several species which are poisonous to a lesser extent.
- Back at the hotel, he'll help you turn them into a full-blown feast - then treat you to fireside horror stories about what would have happened if you'd picked a destroying angel.
- Fear of destroying angels should not prevent you from mushroom hunting.
Definition of destroying angel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan