- Decomposition of a solid by heating it in a closed container and collecting the volatile constituents given off.More example sentences
- Historically acetone was prepared by the destructive distillation of wood, followed by fractional distillation of the product.
- I used to know this as destructive distillation of coal, but I believe there is a more modern term.
- It can be obtained by the destructive distillation of wood, and can also be produced from acetylene and water using an oxidation process with air.
More definitions of destructive distillationDefinition of destructive distillation in:
- The British & World English dictionary