- Disturb the synchronization of; put out of step or phase.More example sentences
- In addition to its sleep-promoting effects, melatonin also has chronobiotic properties, that is, the ability to induce phase-shifts in the circadian clock and to reentrain desynchronized circadian rhythms.
- The battle rhythm of execution of ISR operations is most desynchronized with the timeline of the logistics community.
- This desynchronizes the electrical signal in the cell, so that it can't efficiently activate nerve impulses further on down the line.
- More example sentences
- Shiftwork frequently causes a desynchronization between the sleep-wake cycle, light-darkness rhythm, and other endogenous biological rhythms.
- This is probably caused by internal desynchronization of clock gene cyclings within a given individual animal.
- Kay suggests that geomagnetic storms act as a precipitant in susceptible individuals through desynchronisation of pineal circadian rhythms or via an effect on serotonergic and adrenergic systems.
More definitions of desynchronizeDefinition of desynchronize in:
- The British & World English dictionary