- 1A device or a small, sensitive charge used to detonate an explosive.More example sentences
- As the camera zooms it, the object is revealed to be a detonator for an explosive device.
- Once they've uncovered the ordnance, they use plastic explosive and then hook detonators and time fuses up to it, so they can light the fuse and get to a safe distance before it explodes.
- The group has access to at least small stocks of artillery ammunition, detonators, and explosives.
More definitions of detonatorDefinition of detonator in:
- The British & World English dictionary