- 1.1 [with object] Cause or assist to leave a train: passengers were detrained because the train was on fireMore example sentences
- After detraining the passengers, the train backed out on the main, reversed direction, and then went east 18 miles to Seth to turn on the wye.
- It is a revenue run, Train 3600, but I did not observe any passengers detrain once it arrived.
- The platform was mobbed with people just detraining from a Corridor train on the opposite track but we soon reached Location A where our car would be spotted.
- More example sentences
- Consequently, addressing human factors issues implicated in wrong direction moves or unauthorised detrainments can result in SMARTer recommendations and lead to organisational and cultural changes.
- A chap from the HMRI (Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate) came to talk to me and a supervisor about detrainments yesterday.
More definitions of detrainDefinition of detrain in:
- The British & World English dictionary