- An ornamental shrub with white or pinkish flowers native to Asia and Central America.
More example sentences
- Genus Deutzia, family Hydrangeaceae
- Spring-flowering shrubs include such popular plants as forsythia, deutzia, lilac, viburnum, mock-orange and spirea.
- These include viburnums, forsythia, spiraea, osmanthus, deutzia, weigela and similar plants.
- We have now reached the later days of May, and the deutzias should be planted out in the open ground.
modern Latin, named after Johann van der Deutz, 18th-century Dutch patron of botany.
More definitions of deutziaDefinition of deutzia in:
- The British & World English dictionary