Definition of developable in English:
1.1(Of land or property) able to be adapted or improved so as to become productive or profitable.
- But now, I witnessed the steady, indeed significant rise of building inflation to match the hearty price rises of new homes and developable land.
- It is a shocking fact that despite the vast tracts of industrial wasteland in inner Glasgow the city now has a shortage of developable land.
- Officers, in their report, say there is no developable land in the area.
1.2 Geometry (Of a curved surface) capable of being flattened into a plane without overlap or separation, as with a cylinder.
- The reduction of the longitudinal length could explain the developable surface but would not be compatible with the hexagonal packing of the columns.
- These developable surfaces can be explained either by the curvature of long and rather flexible nanotubes or by short nanotubes.
- The only class of such surfaces known before Weingarten consisted of the developable surfaces isometric to the plane.
1.3 Mathematics (Of a function or expression) capable of being expanded as a series.
- In this particular ground state, the Euclidean point of view, there are no constraints acting on the developable function, and all directions are the same.
- The topic of analytic iteration (i.e. fractional/real/complex iteration in the set of powerseries developable functions) seems to me the most interesting field regarding uniqueness of the solutions.
Definition of developable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.