- The condition of a child being less developed mentally or physically than is normal for its age: mercury contributes to many known health problems, including neurological injury, developmental delay, and cerebral palsyMore example sentences
- Seizure disorders, developmental delay, and neurological deficits may also be seen.
- A quarter of surviving children, assessed at 18-22 months post term, had an abnormal neurological examination, and about a third had evidence of significant neurological developmental delay.
- This child is clearly at risk, and the physician should not wait for firm evidence of developmental delay before making a referral for early intervention.
More definitions of developmental delayDefinition of developmental delay in:
- The British & World English dictionary