A North American plant of the lily family bearing tightly packed spikes of white flowers.
- Chamaelirium luteum, family Liliaceae
More example sentences
- Interesting flora includes purple devil's bit scabious and lilac field scabious, the yellow daisy-like common fleabane and the tall, cream-flowered meadow sweet.
- Areas with a high density of devil's bit scabious may be the key requirement within the grassland habitat.
- A number of wildflower species, such as devil's bit scabious and poppy, occur and attract large numbers of butterflies and moths.
Definition of devil's bit in:
- The British & World English dictionary