Definition of devil's claw in English:
A plant whose seedpods bear clawlike hooks that can harm livestock.
- Two genera in the family Pedaliaceae: genus Proboscidea of warm regions of America, used in basketry or grown for their fruit, and Harpagophytum procumbens of southern Africa and Madagascar, used in herbal medicine
- Celery seed, devil's claw, dandelion root, meadowsweet, and white willow came out on top.
- And finally, European reports have confirmed the benefit of the herb devil's claw in managing gout; you can take 400 mg of the dried extract three times a day for as long as you wish.
- A recent article in The Sunday Times mentioned the use of the herb devil's claw for the treatment of frozen shoulder.
Definition of devil's claw in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.