1Doctor of Humanities.
1.1 Baseball Designated hitter.
verb (DH's, DHing, DH'd)[no object] Back to top
Act as a designated hitter.
- The news pre-op seemed more likely that Williams would be in center and Giambi would be DHing; does that change anything?
- Like most regulars, Giambi dislikes DHing, and his productivity has traditionally suffered in the slot (200 OPS points lower from 2000-2002).
- And Nick Johnson's work with the glove will probably convince Giambi that the free agent should take up DHing after all.
A person’s husband (used in electronic communication): my DH would be glad to retire and spend his days fishing
More example sentences
- My DH has just announced that one of his best mates is having his stag do in Thailand for a week later this year and he will be going.
- DH is home sick so my routine is out the window.
- I'm very stressed with dh's job situation, but know it will all work out.
1990s: abbreviation of darling husband or dear husband.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.