- An Indian dish of meat or vegetables cooked with lentils and cilantro: chicken dhansakMore example sentences
- The most famous Parsi meat dish is dhansak, for which the meat is cooked with lentils, other legumes, and vegetables such as spinach, aubergine, and pumpkin.
- Fresh Bombay duck in Britannia & Co, an old Parsee restaurant near the docks, is soft and floppy unlike the dried up, salty stuff I remember chewing as a child and the mutton dhansak turns out to be goat.
- Just when you think you couldn't possibly see another choice, a new page opens up in the menu, hitting you with dhansak, dupiaza, madras and vindaloo.
More definitions of dhansakDefinition of dhansak in:
- The British & World English dictionary