noun (plural dhurries)
- A heavy cotton rug of Indian origin.More example sentences
- Those looking beyond outfits can look at cotton doormats, dhurries, aprons, gloves and tablemats - some of the many kitchen accessories that are on display.
- Cotton durries with interlocked designs from Warangal with ‘Kalamkari’ printing, terracotta ‘thorans’, fancy diyas, brass articles and fruit holders made of Shesham wood are part of the collections.
- Also on display are soft wood toys and dolls from Kondapally, puppets and lampshades in leather, ceramic and terracotta pottery, crochet laces, cotton durries, silver filigree and Banjara tribal embroidery.
from Hindi darī.
More definitions of dhurrieDefinition of dhurrie in:
- The British & World English dictionary