Definition of diabetic in English:
- The commonest cause of neuropathic ulceration is diabetes, and many diabetic patients with neuropathic ulceration will also have an arterial problem that requires correction.
- Results indicated that alpha lipoic acid may slightly improve cardiac autonomic neuropathy in diabetic patients.
- The same holds true for a diabetic patient with neuropathy and a foot ulcer.
1.1Relating to or designed to relieve diabetes: a diabetic clinic a diabetic diet
More example sentences
- A diabetic diet need not mean a complete departure from a normal one; often, a few adjustments will suffice.
- Since diabetes is seen as a slow killer, diabetic clinics always advise people to take utmost care in their diet.
- The hospital has a special diabetic care clinic and encourages patients to use the public facilities to exercise, maintain and manage good health.
nounBack to top
A person suffering from diabetes.
- Research that helps us understand how older diabetics view their illness is largely unexplored.
- Ginkgo has been used experimentally to treat diabetics and Raynaud's disease.
- What type of surgical intervention is best for diabetics with cardiovascular disease?
Words that rhyme with diabeticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, dietetic, diuretic, electromagnetic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
Definition of diabetic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.