Definition of diagnostic in English:
- Pneumatic otoscopy and tympanometry are useful diagnostic tools for managing otitis media with effusion.
- Further research is needed to provide general practitioners with easy to use diagnostic tools to differentiate bacterial from viral conjunctivitis to tailor antibiotic prescriptions.
- Physicians have few diagnostic tools to detect the scars and growths of endometriosis.
- This use of medication is different from the more traditional use to address Axis I diagnostic symptoms.
- Major ophthalmological textbooks list several signs and symptoms as being diagnostic for the cause of acute infectious conjunctivitis.
- A serum prolactin concentration of > 1000 IU / l is diagnostic and usually indicates a microadenoma.
- The former is considered to be among the diagnostic characteristics of that genus, and the latter is shared by most but not all species of Hyolithes.
- This is because the limits of the circumscription of an ICZN-taxon can only be approximated using the species and diagnostic characters listed by the author.
- The only diagnostic characters the type species has are the straight anterior border with a central raised area and a tapered glabella.
nounBack to top
- But anaphora has never been taken seriously as a diagnostic for such a distinction.
- Always a good diagnostic about what the wingers hate and fear, eh?
- The insertion of mega-brand convenience stores like these into fragile local business ecologies will be a powerful diagnostic for their health.
- The desktop interface puts the diagnostics on the computer screen's tray bar.
- Monitoring, diagnostics and software updates all have to go through the service provider.
- It took a while to figure out that the reason there were no diagnostics in the error log for the initial set of transactions was simply because the Linux Hub already had run the first few dozen transactions successfully!
- Current applications of virtual reality in preoperative diagnostics include gastroscopy, bronchoscopy, and colonoscopy.
- The researchers explain that a similar problem exists in the development of better magnetic imaging tools for medical diagnostics.
- Now they appear to on the verge of a solution: a new imaging technique in medical diagnostics, called Optical Coherence Tomography.
- Example sentences
- Now we want to combine this technique with measurements of certain Alzheimer-related proteins found in the cerebrospinal fluid, to get an even more diagnostically specific assessment.
- However, the substance abuse can trigger or worsen personality disorders, or produce a syndrome that is diagnostically compatible with personality disorders.
- Although protoporphyrin was associated with a large proportion of our abnormal measurements, it was not found to be diagnostically useful.
- Example sentences
- He is probably one of the best diagnosticians I have ever encountered.
- Using this website, WrongDiagnosis.com, I've been able to find out exactly what is wrong with me, before even the professional diagnosticians have got it worked out!
- And, the growing acceptance of these instruments in the measurement of problem behaviors many expedite the work of many school psychologists, counselors, and diagnosticians.
Early 17th century: from Greek diagnōstikos 'able to distinguish', from diagignōskein 'distinguish'; the noun from hē diagnōstikē tekhnē 'the art of distinguishing (disease)'.
Words that rhyme with diagnosticacrostic, agnostic, gnostic, prognostic
Definition of diagnostic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.