Definition of diamond willow in English:
A willow with diamond-shaped depressions on the trunk as a result of fungal attack, resulting in timber with a diamond-shaped pattern of pale sapwood and darker heartwood.
- Several species in the genus Salix are affected, in particular S. bebbiana
- Once a year a friend drives a load of diamond willow down to us - and this wood is just beautiful.
- Another feature of diamond willow is the presence of boring insects and the tunnels they create in the wood from their boring activities.
- Harvest of diamond willow is allowed on the Forest, but requires a permit, which can be obtained at Forest Service offices.
Definition of diamond willow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan