Definition of diamondback moth in English:
A small, grayish moth that displays a pattern of diamonds along its back when the wings are folded. The caterpillar can be a pest of brassicas and other cultivated vegetables.
- Plutella xylostella, family Yponomeutidae
- They can also harbour aphids and insects like the diamondback moth, a pest of canola.
- The researchers tested the GM plants by exposing them to caterpillars of the diamondback moth.
- Without its natural enemies, such as ground beetles, spiders and minute parasitic wasps, the diamondback moth is content to munch away on a never-ending supply of cabbage worldwide.
Definition of diamondback moth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan