Definition of Diana monkey in English:
A West African monkey that has a black face with a white crescent on the forehead.
- Cercopithecus diana, family Cercopithecidae
- In the forests of West Africa, Diana monkeys make one kind of bark when they spot a crowned eagle, another when they see a leopard.
- Even endangered species, like Diana monkeys, lemurs, and gibbons, are for sale.
- The observational study began in January 2000 with a 12-month habituation phase, during which we habituated two mixed-species groups of putty-nosed monkeys and Diana monkeys to observers on foot.
Early 19th century: named after the Roman moon goddess Diana.
Definition of Diana monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.