- An enzyme of the flavoprotein type, able to oxidize a reduced form of the coenzyme NAD.More example sentences
- Active enzyme systems not consistently resolved for this species were: ACO, adenylate kinase, diaphorase, EST, G - 6 - PDH, GSR, IDH, and PGI.
- The monomorphic loci were: isocitrate-dehydrogenase, diaphorase (E.C.1.6.99.-, loci Dia1 and Dia2), leucine aminopeptidase and peroxidase anodic.
- In one of these species, for the most numerous caudal cluster in the reticular formation, NADPH diaphorase labels a dorsal sub-group in Xenopus which is thought to correspond to a well-described GABAergic population, the mhr neurons.
1930s: from Greek diaphoros 'different' + -ase.
More definitions of diaphoraseDefinition of diaphorase in:
- The British & World English dictionary