- another term for amylase.More example sentences
- Known as malting, this procedure releases the enzyme diastase, which converts the starches in grain to maltose sugar.
- Histochemical stains (periodic acid-Schiff with and without diastase, Alcian blue at pH 2.5, and mucicarmine) were performed to characterize the nature of secretions.
- Periodic acid-Schiff with diastase and mucin stains were also negative.
mid 19th century: from Greek diastasis 'separation', from dia 'apart' + stasis 'placing'.
More definitions of diastaseDefinition of diastase in:
- The British & World English dictionary