Definition of diazepam in English:
A tranquilizing muscle-relaxant drug used chiefly to relieve anxiety. Also called Valium ( trademark).
- A member of the benzodiazepine group; chemical formula: C16H13N2OCl
- Tranquilising drugs such as diazepam or temazepam are not suitable for treating stress because they can cause addiction after only a few weeks of taking them.
- The 29 year old died from aspiration of vomit after mixing diazepam, chlorpromazine, temazepam, flunitrazepam, and clomethiazole.
- She had always worked, mostly in shops, but was by then on huge amounts of methadone, nitrazepam, amitriptyline, diazepam and temazepam.
Definition of diazepam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.