- A tranquilizing muscle-relaxant drug used chiefly to relieve anxiety. Also called Valium ( • trademark ).
More example sentences
- A member of the benzodiazepine group; chemical formula: C16H13N2OCl
- Tranquilising drugs such as diazepam or temazepam are not suitable for treating stress because they can cause addiction after only a few weeks of taking them.
- The 29 year old died from aspiration of vomit after mixing diazepam, chlorpromazine, temazepam, flunitrazepam, and clomethiazole.
- She had always worked, mostly in shops, but was by then on huge amounts of methadone, nitrazepam, amitriptyline, diazepam and temazepam.
More definitions of diazepamDefinition of diazepam in:
- The British & World English dictionary