- (Of a chromosome) having two centromeres.More example sentences
- Thus, in these three cases the distal end of the P element inserted into either the homolog or the sister chromatid in the direction of the centromere to create a dicentric chromosome.
- A second set of slides from each clone were analyzed for dicentric chromosomes using centromere-specific staining.
- Chromatid breaks, fragments, sister chromatid union, dicentric chromosomes and gaps were observed with all concentrations of karathane LC at both treatment times.
nounBack to top
- A chromosome having two centromeres.More example sentences
- The results are expressed as per cent aberrant cells, chromatid and chromosome breaks, dicentrics, centric rings, exchanges, acentric fragments, total aberrations, polyploidy and SDC in Tables I - III.
- In this cell line one dicentric involving chromosome 3 was observed in 436 cells, four dicentrics involving chromosome 19 in 114 cells and four dicentrics involving chromosome 22 in 117 cells.
- We observed 28 breaks of the chromatid type, 13 of chromosome type and 10 dicentrics.
More definitions of dicentricDefinition of dicentric in:
- The British & World English dictionary