Definition of dicentric in English:
(Of a chromosome) having two centromeres.
- Thus, in these three cases the distal end of the P element inserted into either the homolog or the sister chromatid in the direction of the centromere to create a dicentric chromosome.
- A second set of slides from each clone were analyzed for dicentric chromosomes using centromere-specific staining.
- Chromatid breaks, fragments, sister chromatid union, dicentric chromosomes and gaps were observed with all concentrations of karathane LC at both treatment times.
nounBack to top
A chromosome having two centromeres.
- The results are expressed as per cent aberrant cells, chromatid and chromosome breaks, dicentrics, centric rings, exchanges, acentric fragments, total aberrations, polyploidy and SDC in Tables I - III.
- In this cell line one dicentric involving chromosome 3 was observed in 436 cells, four dicentrics involving chromosome 19 in 114 cells and four dicentrics involving chromosome 22 in 117 cells.
- We observed 28 breaks of the chromatid type, 13 of chromosome type and 10 dicentrics.
Definition of dicentric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan