- Regard or represent as divided or opposed: these rules dichotomize love and sexMore example sentences
- This variable was dichotomized to represent inconsistent condom use (condom not used every time, coded 1) versus consistent condom use (condom used every time, coded 0).
- ‘Often bisexuals want to label themselves as lesbian or gay because occupying a middle ground is so difficult in a culture that dichotomizes sexual orientation and gender identity,’ she says.
- Scores were dichotomized so that any numbered response to an item represented a ‘yes’ and any zero response to an item represented a ‘no.’
More definitions of dichotomizeDefinition of dichotomize in:
- The British & World English dictionary