- 1Of or relating to diets or dieting: dietary advice for healthy skin and hairMore example sentences
- I took the hint, and had the immense gratification of seeing many similar patients miraculously restored to health by ascorbic acid and dietary advice.
- It is interesting that it starts with a question ‘Is it too late to give dietary advice to older persons?’
- She admitted to the consumption of some grapes, and the dietary advice was repeated.
- 1.1Provided by one’s diet: the average dietary calcium intake was 140 milligrams per dayMore example sentences
- Other factors complicate the relationship between dietary fat and blood cholesterol concentration.
- In children, the major causes of anemia are dietary iron deficiency and infection.
- The links between dietary salt and cardiovascular disease have puzzled environmental physicians for a long time.
noun (plural dietaries)• dated Back to top
late Middle English (as a noun): from medieval Latin dietarium, from Latin diaeta (see diet1).
More definitions of dietaryDefinition of dietary in:
- The British & World English dictionary