Definition of dietetic in English:
Concerned with diet and nutrition: experienced dietetic advice
More example sentences
- As dietitians primarily employed in long-term care, our common experience was that our traditional teaching hospital dietetic internships had not prepared us for work in continuing care facilities.
- This will increase awareness and access to the research of the Canadian nutrition and dietetic community.
- While dietetic practitioners are in the best position to ask research questions relevant to practice, clinical dietitians have been reluctant to become involved in research.
- Example sentences
- These recommendations were also applied to the dietetically treated patients, as far as possible.
- They are dietetically well-balanced, easy to digest and promote the well-being of your cat.
- It contains no sugar and is dietetically sodium free and provides a greater concentration of antacid per teaspoon.
Mid 16th century (as a noun in the sense 'dietetics'): via Latin from Greek diaitētikos, from diaita 'a way of life'.
Words that rhyme with dieteticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, diuretic, electromagnetic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
Definition of dietetic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.