noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of knowledge concerned with the diet and its effects on health, especially with the practical application of a scientific understanding of nutrition.More example sentences
- They also felt that nutrition and dietetics would have greater credibility in health care if practice were based more strongly on research.
- Let's continue the dialogue about population health and dietetics in Practice.
- Should we always accept positions that involve solely nutrition and dietetics, or might that restrict our practice?
More definitions of dieteticsDefinition of dietetics in:
- The British & World English dictionary