- A plate of glass or metal ruled with very close parallel lines, producing a spectrum by diffraction and interference of light.More example sentences
- In our fluorimeter, monochromatic light is produced by passing white light through a diffraction grating.
- In a mechanically tuned laser, the wavelength is adjusted by physically moving a diffraction grating or a reflective mirror, and this method also provides a precise and continuous tuning curve.
- Last was the invention of the diffraction grating for use in analyzing spectra from astronomical bodies.
More definitions of diffraction gratingDefinition of diffraction grating in:
- The British & World English dictionary