Definition of digestible in English:
1(Of food) able to be digested.
- In the meantime he's got about five blankets on him and we're trying him on easily digestible food to build up his strength.
- It acts as ‘crude fibre’ or ‘roughage’, an inert, bulky medium which helps to carry digestible food through the system.
- Such declines are consistent with those observed in other ducks when they feed on highly digestible foods.
1.1(Of information) easy to understand or follow: her books convey philosophical issues in digestible form
More example sentences
- Week after week, content sites unveil redesigned products, boasting new and improved user interfaces, easy navigation and digestible information.
- Cartoons, colour pictures and easily digestible facts make this a fun read.
- In reality, they rarely delve deeper than a brief glance past easily digestible issues that affect cinema's primary consumer; the First World's middle class.
- Example sentences
- Grass digestibility at harvest gives a good measure of feeding value.
- Manufacturers of protein powders and ready-to-drink products are increasingly adding rice oligodextrins to their formulas in order to impart increased protein digestibility.
- He's interested in the digestibility and metabolism of nutrients and energy from commercially available feed ingredients and blended components for extruded hybrid striped bass diets.
Pronunciation: /dəˌjestəˈbilədē/ /dīˌjestəˈbilədē/noun
Words that rhyme with digestiblecomestible, suggestible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.