1Relating to the process of digesting food: stomach ulcers and other digestive disorders
More example sentences
- These include increased blood pressure, cancers of the mouth and upper digestive system, cirrhosis of the liver, and pancreatic and other digestive disorders.
- Gastro-enterologists the world over attribute many of the chronic digestive disorders to the hurried swallowing of food, which may be over spiced or oily.
- An infusion made from the crushed foliage has cleansing and antiseptic properties and is used for soothing and healing skin wounds, and also as a remedy for certain digestive disorders.
1.1(Of food or medicine) aiding or promoting the process of digestion: digestive mints
More example sentences
- Peppermint is often gentler than other digestive herbs, such as ginger and cayenne; the aroma alone has a sedating and calming effect on many.
- The prescription is straight forward with blood tonics, spleen and digestive herbs, Tian Ma and Qiang Huo for the hair as well as Man Jing Zi.
- Omit it all together or try adding digestive herbs such as Chen Pi and Sha Ren.
1A food or medicine that aids or promotes the digestion of food.
- After the meal came a much-appreciated dressed green salad that worked as a digestive.
- On May 27, the theme will be Strawberries and will include the chef's Table menu with several aperitifs, fine Bulgarian wines, digestives and coffee.
- The company is to launch a new Ayurvedic range that includes a whole range of products for treating cough and cold, memory enhancers, blood purifiers and digestives.
1.1 (also digestive biscuit) British A round, semisweet cookie made of wholewheat flour.
- But this, spotted today at about 3pm, really takes the digestive biscuit.
- Let cool to room temperature, and serve with shortbread cookies or digestive biscuits.
- If you eat two chocolate digestive biscuits, they cancel each other out.
- Example sentences
- An hour later, you return with something to appease your family both visually and digestively.
- Often, firefighters are called out in the middle of a meal, which is not digestively ideal.
- The normal physiological role for mesotrypsin is surmised to be to digestively degrade naturally occurring trypsin inhibitors found in food such as soybeans.
Definition of digestive in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.