- A glandular organ of digestion present in crustaceans, mollusks, and certain other invertebrates.More example sentences
- From the mouth, particles are moved through a short esophagus to the digestive gland surrounding the stomach.
- In the ensuing few hours the trap seals itself airtight, and digestive glands in the leaf secrete enzymes that reduce the insect to a dry husk.
- The shell is secreted by the mantle, which lines it and also encloses the mantle cavity within which are the gills, the osphradium (a chemo-sensory organ), and openings of the digestive glands.
More definitions of digestive glandDefinition of digestive gland in:
- The British & World English dictionary