nounZoology & Botany
- A fingerlike protuberance or division.More example sentences
- The most advanced is suppressed as a synonym of Perrinites, based on the general features of conch form and suture, especially the digitation of the prongs and median saddle of the primary ventral lobe.
- Occasionally, a digitation of bone from the calcaneus to the Achilles tendon is radiographically evident and is associated with retrocalcaneal bursitis.
- The axons from the fifth cervical nerve supply the first digitation and the sixth and seventh supply the remainder of the muscle mass.
More definitions of digitationDefinition of digitation in:
- The British & World English dictionary