Definition of dignified in English:
Having or showing a composed or serious manner that is worthy of respect: she maintained a dignified silence a dignified old lady
More example sentences
- A man of quiet disposition, Andy's dignified manner engendered widespread respect and regard.
- A man of an extraordinary generous nature, he reached out to many down the years and his dignified presence and manner commanded much respect and regard.
- The Trust has been rightly praised for its efforts over the last year, conducting itself in a dignified manner, and its continued presence must be reassuring to fans during these troubled times.
- Example sentences
- ‘You can tell me anything in front of him,’ she said dignifiedly.
- She looked over her shoulder at the woman as she walked slowly, more dignifiedly away, maintaining eye contact until she turned a corner.
- Telling herself not to let it bother her, she walked past him dignifiedly and saw with the corner of her eyes that he had started to follow her.
Words that rhyme with dignifiedsignified
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.