1An aromatic annual herb of the parsley family, with fine blue-green leaves and yellow flowers. The leaves and seeds of dill are used for flavoring and for medicinal purposes.
- Anethum graveolens, family Umbelliferae
- Cool-season herbs including dill, fennel, parsley, cilantro, oregano, arugula, thyme and savory also can be planted.
- This family of plants is vast and contains some of our most popular herbs such as, dill, coriander, parsley and angelica as well as some common pot herbs, for example carrot, parsnips and celery.
- Caterpillars of the Black and Anise Swallowtail make their home on and eat the leaves from the parsley family that include fennel, angelica, dill and chervil.
1.1 (also dillweed or dill weed) The fresh or dried leaves of the dill plant used to flavor food.
- Ah yes, and now for the secret killer ingredient: fresh dill.
- I opted for the chilled cucumber soup this time, full of refreshing green slivers in a thick yogurt-like base, accented by fresh dill.
- Whizz the bread and dill together in a food processor then spread the mixture over the top of the potatoes.