- A molecule or molecular complex consisting of two identical molecules linked together.More example sentences
- Furthermore, there was no evidence of ethyl esters, dimers, alkanes or alkenes, which might be expected for an oxidative reaction.
- One explanation is the metal ions bind inside the dimer between the monomers of a double-helix.
- Molecular dimers are assumed to be not directly degraded.
- More example sentences
- Previous work has shown that these polymerised forms are unstable in acid conditions (such as gastric juice) and that only monomeric, dimeric and trimeric forms are passed to the intestine for absorption.
- There was a previous radiation study of ricin, a dimeric molecule linked by a single disulfide bridge.
- In all cases the monomeric lipid molecule is virtually absent, dimeric or trimeric species predominating in each case.
1930s: from di-1 'two', on the pattern of polymer.
More definitions of dimerDefinition of dimer in:
- The British & World English dictionary