- A crystalline, synthetic, organophosphorus compound used in solution as an insecticide.More example sentences
- Consider alternating synthetic pyrethroids such as permethrin or fenvalerate to organophosphates such as stirofos, dimethoate, or fenthion to carbamates such as methomyl.
- Other insecticides have a narrower range of activity, such as dimethoate and Metasystox-R, which are toxic primarily to sucking pests such as aphids.
- In the past, the grass mites in most areas of the state have been controlled reasonably well with dimethoate, which is the least expensive product.
More definitions of dimethoateDefinition of dimethoate in:
- The British & World English dictionary