(chiefly British also dimethyl sulphoxide , abbreviation: DMSO)
Definition of dimethyl sulfoxide in English:
A colorless liquid used as a solvent and synthetic reagent. It is readily able to penetrate the skin and is used in medicinal preparations for skin application.
- Chemical formula: (CH3)2SO
- The aim of this study is to explore the fascinating suggestion that structural differences can be induced in hypericin by changing the solvent from a commonly used solvent such as dimethyl sulfoxide to tetrahydrofuran.
- The polar chemical dimethyl sulfoxide is a widely used reagent in cell biology.
- Water insoluble compounds were given as a solution in dimethyl sulphoxide.
Definition of dimethyl sulfoxide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.