Definition of dimetrodon in English:
A large, carnivorous, synapsid fossil reptile of the Permian period, with long spines on its back supporting a sail-like crest.
- Genus Dimetrodon, order Pelycosauria, subclass Synapsida
- What about the 30-inch dragonflies, six inch cockroaches, and the dimetrodons of the Permian period?
- I was inhaling ancient molecular effluvia of dimetrodons and plesiosaurs, pterodactyls and tyrannosauruses.
- But the iguanas in dinosaur costumes, super-sized dimetrodons, superimposed supposed menaces, don't cut it.
Definition of dimetrodon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan