- 2North American • informal An eccentric or stupid person.More example sentences
- OK, I admit I am one of the ding-a-lings that's taken my 401 statement, thrown it in the drawer, don't even want to look at it, but actually, we should be looking at it, right?
- Just where do all the dedicated dorks, delightful dingbats, and dialectical dunderheads, plus a lively assortment of daffy ding-a-lings call home-sweet home?
- On another matter it never fails to amaze and annoy how there are to many that assume one is uneducated because in this case, my views don't tie in with those ding-a-lings who think they know it all.
late 19th century: imitative.
More definitions of ding-a-lingDefinition of ding-a-ling in:
- The British & World English dictionary