- An alcohol containing two hydroxyl groups in its molecule.More example sentences
- They are the result of a reaction between a diacid (such as terephthalic acid) and a diol (such as ethylene glycol).
- Biocatalysts from unique South-African biomes are employed to produce a wide range of single enantiomer chiral epoxides and diols in highly efficient, environmentally friendly processes.
- Macrodiols with different thermal characteristics were prepared using ring-opening polymerization of cyclic diesters or lactones with a low molecular weight diol as an initiator.
More definitions of diolDefinition of diol in:
- The British & World English dictionary