Definition of dioxane in English:
A colorless, toxic liquid used as an organic solvent.
- A heterocyclic compound with a ring of four carbon and two oxygen atoms; chemical formula: C4H8O2
- In a manner similar to the UV-absorption, the excimer fluorescence emission of la [meso] in aqueous solution was affected by the presence of less-polar aprotic solvent THF or dioxane.
- For Bchl and Chl dissolved in diethyl ether, toluene, acetone, ethanol and acetonitrile, the Mg atom was found to be pentacoordinated, whereas it was hexacoordinated in dioxane, tetrahydrofuran, pyridine and methanol.
- After incubation the agarose was washed successively with dioxane solution, dioxane, distilled water and ethanol.
Definition of dioxane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.