- The use of strikes, demonstrations, or other public forms of protest rather than negotiation to achieve one’s demands.More example sentences
- Delegates called for a campaign of mass civil disobedience, strikes and direct action to stop the war.
- We have been using direct action and civil disobedience against the war and the army.
- The two most effective forms of mass direct action are riots and strikes.
More definitions of direct actionDefinition of direct action in:
- The British & World English dictionary