- A telephone service used to find out someone’s telephone number.More example sentences
- 192 was (until very recently) the telephone number for directory enquiries in the UK.
- In practice, that will mean dialing operator service numbers such as directory enquiries and voicemail facilities is the same, wherever you are and whatever language you speak.
- Context-specific, speaker-independent software is in common use today for 1-800 telephone directory assistance, flight reservations, and other uses.
More definitions of directory assistanceDefinition of directory assistance in:
- The British & World English dictionary