- A female director.More example sentences
- Much to our satisfaction, the response to our quiz competition had been good so far,’ said Kamakshi Balakrishna, the directress of the Chinmaya Vidyapeet.
- Although they were shortened because of the long introduction, I was still bewildered - and a little unnerved - by the fact that Mme LeFay, our directrice, had started our daily routine… on the very first day.
- Run by Margaret Palmer Bergin, a qualified AMI directress, the school offers education through arts, crafts, music and drama.
More definitions of directressDefinition of directress in:
- The British & World English dictionary