- A farmer who ekes out a living from a farm or poor land, typically without the help of hired labor.More example sentences
- I've been a dirt farmer all my life.
- He didn't argue with me a bit when I told him I thought one of his best roles was the dirt farmer, Willie Crawford, in the 1956 Robert Wagner war movie ‘Between Heaven and Hell.’
- Late developer is a description that might sit snugly on 42-year-old Knight's shoulders, but this does not devalue the New Jersey man's articulation of the dirt farmer's mentality in his adopted state of Kentucky.
- More example sentences
- We join the story in the Deep South where Carl's father is a hard-bitten sharecropper on a miserable dirt farm, trudging behind a team of mules in the summer swelter, pushing a hand plow.
- It was all so very different from the days of her childhood on an Ohio dirt farm, with a once beautiful mother worn to a thin shadow, and a father who drank, and often beat her with his belt.
- He grew up on a dirt farm in a little town in Upstate New York, with no electricity or indoor plumbing.
More definitions of dirt farmerDefinition of dirt farmer in:
- The British & World English dictionary