- 1A dishonest or unkind act.More example sentences
- It's ludicrous to assume that we did this… It's a political dirty trick.
- Keel admitted he knew his wife was pulling a political dirty trick and tried hard to rehab his own image within both the campaign and the media.
- Circumstantially, it seems extremely likely that it was produced by Democrats as a political dirty trick.
- 1.1 (dirty tricks) Underhanded political or commercial activity designed to discredit an opponent or competitor.More example sentences
- It has a long and notorious history of surveillance, harassment and dirty tricks directed against left-wing political activists and organisations.
- We as the electorate, have the ability to turn party political dirty tricks in to cold hard cash.
- This highlights the need to investigate smears posing as ‘investigative journalism’, which in this case proved to be a campaign by the media and government, with dirty tricks courtesy of the security services.
More definitions of dirty trickDefinition of dirty trick in:
- The British & World English dictionary