Definition of disaffirm in English:
verb[with object] Law
Repudiate; declare void: to disaffirm a contract is to say it never existed
More example sentences
- It was specifically disaffirmed by Justice Lindgren at trial.
- However, failing to find differential receptiveness does not disaffirm this possibility if the polygyny allele is fixed in the population.
- To do so is to disaffirm the universal fatherhood of God and the unity of His Torah.
- Example sentences
- Girls are besieged by disaffirmations in the media that encourage accessorizing over opinions.
- What could these affirmations and disaffirmations mean when examining the doctrine of providence?
- This graduate started with considerable disaffirmation of his identity as a graduate.
Definition of disaffirm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia