- 1An area in which a major disaster has recently occurred: the vicinity of the explosion was declared a disaster areaMore example sentences
- The area was declared a national disaster area, which released state funds.
- Simply, the Guard has old, beat-up equipment, and this seriously impedes the Guard's ability to accomplish its mission - whether on the battlefield or in a disaster area.
- At major airports a multi agency response was put in place for people returning from the disaster area.
- 1.1 [in singular] • informal A place, situation, person, or activity regarded as chaotic, ineffectual, or failing in some fundamental respect: the room was a disaster area, stuff piled everywhere she was a disaster area in fake leopard skin and stacked heelsMore example sentences
- So far, I've noticed that I have terrible posture, a horrible extra chin, and a room that is a disaster area.
- The situation in south Florida, ‘a drug disaster area,’ was out of control and about to get even worse.
- His room was a disaster area filled with hard rock posters, the biggest hidden stash of porn I've ever seen, and undecipherable floor stains.
More definitions of disaster areaDefinition of disaster area in:
- The British & World English dictionary