- Having or showing good judgment: the restaurant attracts discerning customersMore example sentences
- Some might condemn my reaction as politically motivated rather than a discerning literary judgement.
- Physicians are by inclination and training discerning men, wise in human relations and keen in judgement.
- If a cook does not get a discerning customer, all his efforts and culinary skills would be wasted.
- More example sentences
- Times past were recalled and many memories relived as the attendance cast their eyes discerningly and inquisitively over the wide and comprehensive historical school photographic record on display in the corridors and classrooms.
- But at the same time, our hero-worship of fiction allows us to gloss over, or even embrace, certain issues we would do best to scrutinise a little more discerningly.
- So every single element is discerningly chosen and carefully-treated.