- 1The ability to judge well: an astonishing lack of discernmentMore example sentences
- They possess capacities for discernment and the ability to decide what is in their best interest.
- We might have been adolescent girls, but we were also intelligent young women with discernment and judgement.
- In other words, dawning the robes of a preacher didn't imbue you with wisdom, intelligence and discernment.
- 2(In Christian contexts) perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual direction and understanding: without providing for a time of healing and discernment, there will be no hope of living through this present moment without a shattering of our common lifeMore example sentences
- Other congregations enter this circle of grace through other Christian practices: discernment, testimony, healing, or peacemaking.
- Or they may represent a mixture of historical recollection and spiritual discernment, as in many of the stories of the Bible.
- By the time of his death, he would push questions of spiritual discernment perhaps further than any other contemporary saint.