Definition of disclaimer in English:
1A statement that denies something, especially responsibility: the novel carries the usual disclaimer about the characters bearing no relation to living persons
More example sentences
- The group was not allowed to post the two variants, but under the new policy, they could post them as long as they carried the appropriate disclaimer.
- They are tripping over themselves with contradictory statements and inane disclaimers.
- Now here I need to insert my usual disclaimer about not being in any conceivable sense of the word a military expert.
1.1 Law An act of repudiating another’s claim or renouncing one’s own.
- Few states have applied these provisions to bailments even though bailees often insert disclaimers of warranties into their receipts and contracts.
- However, in English law statutory liability cannot be excluded by disclaimer or exclusion clauses.
- A disclaimer releases the tenant from future liabilities under the lease.