Definition of disclaimer in English:
1A statement that denies something, especially responsibility: the novel carries the usual disclaimer about the characters bearing no relation to living persons
More example sentences
- The group was not allowed to post the two variants, but under the new policy, they could post them as long as they carried the appropriate disclaimer.
- They are tripping over themselves with contradictory statements and inane disclaimers.
- Now here I need to insert my usual disclaimer about not being in any conceivable sense of the word a military expert.
1.1 Law An act of repudiating another’s claim or renouncing one’s own.
- Few states have applied these provisions to bailments even though bailees often insert disclaimers of warranties into their receipts and contracts.
- However, in English law statutory liability cannot be excluded by disclaimer or exclusion clauses.
- A disclaimer releases the tenant from future liabilities under the lease.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan